A web-based program called AIMS was created by Indian Railways to facilitate the efficient processing of all financial and payroll-related operations by its Finance and Accounts Department. There are two modules. Finance and Personnel Modules. Where the Indian Railways Personnel can do the AIMS portal registration on it.
AIMS Portal at a Glance
To maintain track of railway staff and its accounting system, the Indian Railways’ Finance Department implemented an online system. The Accounting Information Management System is the name of this system (AIMS). The primary target audience for this portal is Indian Railways personnel.
In the table below, you can see a preview of the AIMS portal.
|Name of the Portal||Accounting Information Management System (AIMS) portal|
|Formally known as||Integrated Payroll and Accounting System (IPAS)|
|Introduced in||November 2013|
|Authority||Indian Railways (भारतीय रेल)|
|Department Concerned||Accounts and Finance Department, Indian Railways|
|Employee service portal||Railway Employee Self-Service (RESS)|
|Mobile Application||Yes (Railway Employee Self-Service (RESS) Android Application)|
|AIMS portal Purpose||Digital management of accounting information of Indian Railway employees as well of the department|
|Users||Employees of Indian Railways|
Railway IPAS/AIMS Portal Registration Benefits
The AIMS or IPAS portal has a number of advantages. The following are the primary advantages of this internet platform for railroad employees:
- A centralized solution like AIMS makes it simple to manage the entire infrastructure.
- industry-standard J2EE architecture with n tiers.
- Make reusable resources for later use.
- reduced TCO as a result of lower support and licensing expenses.
- Industry-grade security server candidates to offer security through portal user authentication and permission.
Railway personnel may now access all of their personal information and data with just a click thanks to AIMS Portal. They can log in and get the information whenever they wish to examine the personnel details in the portal.
The AIMS Portal Registration: How Do I Use It?
Employees and other users must have login access to the AIMS portal in order to use it. To gain access to the portal, they must first register. Before continuing, take a look at the crucial information presented below that is necessary for registration. This part describes the entire procedure of AIMS portal registration.
- Aadhaar Card
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Employee picture
- Various other details of the employee.
How to Use AIMS Portal?
Check the step-by-step process shared below to access the AIMS portal –
Step 1– First of all go to the official AIMS portal. The link to the portal is given at the end of the article.
Step 2– Now on the homepage of the railway portal click on the AIMS link as shown in the picture.
Step 3– A login page will appear. Enter username and password. Click on the “Submit” tab and proceed further.
Step 4– After successful login, you can check/update any information like employee data, leave, salary, loan, salary, NPS, etc. in the portal.
How to Recover Forgotten Password in AIMS portal registration?
If an employee forgets their password and attempts to access the web portal but is unable to do so, they can retrieve it. They can get the password by performing the straightforward steps listed below:
- Start by going to the AIMS official website.
- On the Login Page, select the “Forgot Password” link.
- Now, input the user’s User ID registered mobile number, and date of birth in the appropriate fields to log in to Aims.
- After providing the information, press the “Submit” button.
- A new password will now be generated when all the information already contained in the Registered Data has been verified. The user’s registered mobile number will receive the newly generated password.
- Users must now input this password in the required field.
- It will be set as the New Password for the user login after verification.
- Finally, the screen will display the new welcome page, where you can log in using the new password.
RESS and RESS Using Instructions
AIMS Portal offers RESS or Railway Employees Self Service. RESS (Railway Personnel Self Service) is a facility that allows railroad employees to access all the services and information on this portal. See below for registration information and key RESS information.
Registering on the RESS Portal,
users should bear the following two things in mind. These are:
(a) The user’s mobile number and date of birth are updated in IPAS, and Pay Bill Clerks have permission to do so. (b) The user’s permission is needed before the initial password for registration is provided to the user’s selected phone number. The user must do this by sending an SMS to the designated number (i.e. 08860622020). Every user must complete this one-time practice activity in order to register on the mobile app.
1st Step: The user has to text “SMS START” and bind it to 08860622020.
2nd Step: Once the number is registered and the user gets the initial password, please click on the Information Portal application and the “Employee Self-Service” link.
3rd Step: Now click on the “New Registration” link.
4th Step: Enter your Employee Number, Mobile Number, and Date of Birth, and click on the “Submit” tab.
5th Step: After verification of qualification, the user will be registered. The program has to enter the Chromonet details and finally, the homepage of RESS will appear.
After successful registration, the user can fill in more details and get the required information on the portal.
How to download the RESS Salary Slip?
RESS Pay Slip can also be downloaded from RESS Portal and RESS Mobile App. The following steps can be followed to download Railway Employee Pay Slip using an online portal or android app-
- Start by accessing the official RESS webpage for Indian railway wage slips at https://aims.indianrailways.gov.in/mAIMS.
- Log in to the corporate website with your employee number and password.
- The alternatives (Salary / Yearly Summary / Supplementary Income) will appear when you select the SALARY option.
- To obtain the pay slip for the chosen month, select the Pay option and then click the appropriate link.
- You can download the payment information for a particular fiscal year using the Yearly Summary option.
- After choosing the appropriate option, provide the necessary information and continue.
- According to the selected option, all the information will be displayed.
- Download the pay stub in PDF format at last. You can also print it out if you’d want to according to your needs.
RESS Pay Slip via Mobile App Download
- Open the RESS app on your phone first.
- Using a valid login, access the app.
- Check the information, including the name and employee number.
- Click the “Pay” button.
- Select from the options Monthly, Annual, or Supplement (as mentioned above).
- From the drop-down menu, choose the year and the month.
- Click the submit tab now.
- The chosen option’s salary information will now be displayed. see specifics.
- Download the Salary Slip PDF for your records lastly.
RESS (Railway Employees Self Service) mobile application is also available. Android mobile users can easily download this app and use the service without visiting the official portal. The process to check the app can be seen below-
How Do I Access and Download the RESS Mobile App?
Please take a moment to review the detailed instructions provided below on how to download and utilize the RESS mobile application.
The RESS Mobile App can be downloaded here.
Android users can easily download it from Google Play Store since it is an Android app. They only need to type RESS into the search bar. The app needs to be installed after that.
Registration for the RESS App:
Users must register themselves after the mobile application has been installed successfully. The steps for registering are as follows:
1st Step: Launch the installed app. The initial step for registering on the RESS site is the same as what was previously explained.
2nd Step: Open the app and select the “New Registration” link.
3rd Step: Fill out the field with your information, including your employee number, mobile number, and date of birth.
4th Step: The user’s registered number will receive a verification code.
5th Step: Fill out the space with the verification code.
6th Step: will mark the end of the registration process. The user’s login password will be the verification code.
Once users (registered railway employees) have registered in the app, they can view the following information in it-
- User Bio-data (i.e. Personal details, pay-related, Job-related info)
- Can download payslips in pdf format.
- Monthly, Yearly Summary salary details
- Family details
- Supplementary payments (Financial Year wise)
- Leave Balances (LAP and LHAP)
- PF ledger and also the last PF withdrawal Application
- Income Tax projections & deductions
- All the NPS recoveries during an FY
- Details of Loans & Advances
- Other details like OT, TA, NHA, NDA, KMA, CEA (Child Education Allowance), etc.
Procedure to Check Supplier’s Bill Status
Employees can also check the supplier’s bill status through this portal. To check the bill status report, follow the given steps-
- Open the AIMS portal.
- Click on the “Supplier’s Bill Status” tab on the homepage.
- Now, select the Railway and date from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, the status for selected particulars will appear on the screen.