The name Amitabh Bachchan is recognized by millions of people all over the world. the man whose towering on-screen presence and recognizable baritone voice revolutionized Indian cinema. He is not only a Hollywood and Bollywood legend, but also one of the most important actors in history. However, Amitabh Bachchan Net Worth is even more remarkable than his talent as an actor. We’ll look into the “Amitabh Bachchan net worth in this blog.
Amitabh Bachchan Net Worth
|Date Of Birth||11 October 1942|
|Profession||Actor, Film Producer, Politician|
|Amitabh Bachchan Net Worth||3190 Crore|
|Spouse||Jaya Bachchan (m. 1973)|
Read also: Runway 34
On October 11th, 1942, in Allahabad(Prayagraj), United Provinces of British India (current-day Uttar Pradesh, India), Amitabh Bachchan was born as Inquilaab Srivastava. His first name, Inquilaab, means roughly “Long live the revolution,” and it alludes to the struggle for Indian freedom from British colonial rule.
Later, on the recommendation of another poet, his father changed the name of his son to Amitabh, which means “the light that will never die.” Amitabh took up the last name “Bachchan,” which in Hindi translates to “childlike,” when he rose to fame as a movie star. His father had previously used this as a pen name.
Amitabh Bachchan attended Sherwood College in Nainital after finishing high school. Later, he changed colleges to Kirori Mal College. He was greatly affected by actor Dilip Kumar when he was a young man. Bachchan built on the foundation of Kumar’s technique when he first started his acting career, particularly in relation to his acting style. Later, he added his own distinct emotional intensity, resulting in the “angry young man” persona that helped him become so well-known.
Amitabh Bachchan started his acting career in 1969 as the voice narrator for the movie “Bhuvan Shome.” His debut leading part was in the 1971 film “Anand.” He developed a reputation during the following several years for playing cynical, confrontational roles in films like “Parwana,” “Guddi,” and “Bombay to Goa.” But a lot of his movies ended up being commercial duds. By the time he was 30 years old, Bachchan had been a part of numerous box office duds.
He played characters such as those in “Deewaar” and “Sholay,” two violent crime movies in which he really discovered his niche. Over the following few years, audiences fell in love with Bachchan, and he began to stand in for the impoverished masses who were up against a corrupt system.
Even though he started acting again a year after the accident, Bachchan’s continued health problems led him to think about going into politics. Amitabh returned to acting in the late 1980s after serving as a politician for three years. A few successes followed, but his career took a knock in the early 1990s due to a string of box office duds. Amitabh Bachchan took a five-year break from acting as a result. His subsequent attempts to reinvent himself in the hopes of resuming a successful acting career failed miserably at the box office.
As a stern older character in the movie “Mohabbatein,” Bachchan reinvented himself in the 2000s and finally achieved his prior heights. A string of successes quickly followed, including “Shootout at Lokhandwala” in 2007. He also made his film debut in English that year with “The Last Year.” Positive reviews were given to the movie after its Toronto Film Festival premiere. He then made an appearance in Leonardo DiCaprio’s “The Great Gatsby,” a Hollywood blockbuster, in 2013. He made an appearance in the 2018 movie “102 Not Out.”
Amitabh Bachchan wealth will be Rs. 3190 Crore ($410 Million) in 2023. Amitabh receives between 6 and 15 crores to work in a movie. The majority of Bachchan’s income comes from brand endorsements, for which he receives compensation of about Rs. 6 crore.
Amitabh Bachchan Achievements
- Filmfare Awards: Amitabh Bachchan has received numerous Filmfare Awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award in 1991 and the Best Actor Award for his performance in the 1990 movie “Agneepath.”
- National Awards: Several national honors have also been bestowed on Amitabh Bachchan, such as the Padma Shri in 1984, the Padma Bhushan in 2001, and the Padma Vibhushan in 2015.
- International Recognition: Due to his talent and appeal, Amitabh Bachchan has been recognized for his work by audiences and film companies all over the world. He received the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres from the French government in 1992, and in 2020, the World Economic Forum in Davos presented him with the Crystal Award.
- Lifetime Achievement Awards: Several lifetime achievement honors, such as the IIFA-FICCI Frames Excellence Honors in 2010 and the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne in 2013, have been given to Amitabh Bachchan.
- Padma Vibhushan: For his services to the arts and Indian film, Amitabh Bachchan received the Padma Vibhushan, the second-highest civilian honor in the Republic of India, in 2015.
Amitabh Bachchan was one of many well-known people whose offshore business organizations were exposed during the infamous “Panama Papers” leak in 2016. Following that concerns about Bachchan’s involvement in using shell firms for tax evasion and possibly fraudulent actions were raised. In 2017, there was another incident involving the “Paradise Papers,” which brought up similar concerns over his commercial endeavors. This time, his name was revealed.