In 1945, citizens of Tezpur founded Darrang College. In 1953, the college became permanently affiliated with Gauhati University. The college endeavors to impart useful knowledge to its candidates with the objective of making them worthy citizens of the country. The claim has always been justified by the large number of alumni shining in the national and international arena. The motive of the college is to be a Jewel among Men. The National Assessment has given the college an accolade. And Accreditation Council (NAAC) of India and the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Darrang College Admission & Teaching Process
The official website of the college allows online applications for admission. The college uses seminars, tutorials, lectures, assignments, and remedial instruction to deliver its curriculum. Teaching in the college takes place in well-equipped classrooms, laboratories, and galleries with the necessary support systems. The inclusion of tutorials, remedial work, assignments, and seminars in the lectures enhances and improves the learning experience. To create useful economic, social, human resources and culture by promoting quality education and thereby prepare the society to deal with the challenging world. The college transforms lives and serves society by fostering participation in higher education.
Darrang College Eligibility Criteria
Darrang College Tezpur offers multiple specializations under PG, Undergraduate, Certificate, and Higher Secondary courses. The following is a list of the requirements.
- Candidates are eligible for subjects in TDC only if they have passed the Higher Secondary Examination without grace marks.
- In case the student has not studied the subject in 10+2 in which he/she wants to take Honours, then the eligibility will be based on the aggregate percentage obtained by the student.
- Darrang College Admission:
- Candidates shall apply online to take admission to Higher Secondary and TDC Semester courses by paying an online fee of INR 250.
Admission to the college will be on the basis of merit
The standards for other board applicants will follow AHSEC for degree programs and SEBA for upper secondary programs.
At the time of admission, all original documents necessary for the admissions procedure must be presented.
According to government regulations, the merit list for the reserved category will be created.
For candidates vying for seats in the co-curricular category, only certifications issued at the State and National levels will be taken into account.
These candidates should submit an application for the same at the admission counter.
Darrang College Higher Secondary:
A.H.S.E.C. offers higher secondary courses in the subjects of science, commerce, and the arts. Admission to Higher Secondary courses is open to those students who have cleared H.S.L.C. under A.H.S.E.C or any other examination which is under other boards and recognized by A.H.S.E.C. The A and B sections of each stream run concurrently during class time.
Darrang College Graduates:
The college offers three-year undergraduate courses in commerce, science, and arts streams. Admission to T.D.C is open to those candidates who have passed Higher Secondary recognized by Gauhati University. Two divisions make up the undergraduate curriculum. Which are the commerce and arts sections. Section A consists of major courses and Section B consists of general courses. There is only one part, designated section A, which includes both major and general courses in the science stream. To enroll in many major subjects, students must achieve minimal marks.
Darrang College Fee Structure
Darrang College offers various courses in Science, Humanities, and Arts disciplines such as Higher Secondary, Certificate, Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. Below are the specifics regarding the charge.
- The annual postgraduate fee for the Assamese subject is INR 10,000.
- The annual postgraduate fee for Geography subjects is INR 15,000.
- For the Botany subject, the annual postgraduate fee is INR 20,000.
- The annual postgraduate fee for zoology subjects is INR 20,000.
- The Higher Secondary Arts stream fee for boys and girls without practicals is Rs 4,360 and Rs 3,760 respectively and for boys and girls with practicals, the fee is Rs 4,660 and Rs 4,060 respectively.
- The fees for boys and girls with practical for the Higher Secondary Science stream is Rs 4,880 and Rs 4,160 respectively.
- Higher secondary commerce stream fee for boys and girls without practicals is Rs 4,460 and Rs 3,860 respectively and for boys and girls with practicals, the fee is Rs 4,760 and Rs 4,160 respectively.
- The Major and General fees for B.Com are Rs 4,550 and Rs 4,380 respectively.
Darrang College Infrastructure
Darrang College Tezpur has good physical and academic infrastructure which caters to 25 subjects in graduation and 10+2 subjects. Below are further specifics regarding the college’s facilities.
- The college has an independent library that covers an area of 5033.4 square feet. And it is situated in the western part of the college campus. The library has undergone a complete computerization and modernization project using barcode technology.
- The college auditorium has a seating capacity of 1,000 persons. The auditorium is utilized to host a variety of sporting events and cultural gatherings.
- Darrang College has two canteens which are within campus. The canteen operates from 9:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- In addition, the college has a playground on its campus. This is used for a wide range of field and track events as well as outdoor sports like football and cricket.
- The gymnasium provides physical and stress-relieving exercises to the students.
Darrang College Placement
Since 2004, the Career Counseling Cell of the college is providing career guidance to its students. Darrang College Placement Cell conducts motivational programs and personality development camps on campus. 2007 saw the establishment of the Career Counseling & Placement Cell. Wipro conducted the campus interview on the college campus with the help of the placement department.